Renaissance Café provides a space for us to exchange ideas, discover new experience, share our interests and be part of a vibrant community. Each month a guest curator will uncover resources in our community and share them for all to enjoy. If you’d like to be a guest curator, send a note to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guest Curator for September is Kathy Hart. She is the ultimate volunteer dedicated to the Sophia B Street Theatre, Broadway at Music Circus, Harris Center/Three Stages at Folsom Lake College, Past President but still active at Friendship Force Sacramento and an active member of the Renaissance Society of Sacramento.
This is a simple guide to resources, local and not so local, to keep us entertained, amused, connected, and informed while adjusting to more months of social distancing.
The Renaissance Society provides opportunities for lifelong learning and community engagement for older adults, in partnership with California State University, Sacramento and other community partners. Hundreds of seminars, talks, walks, cultural and social activities are presented every year by our peers and regional experts. Once held primarily on the CSUS campus, we’ve expanded in recent years to local libraries, community centers, and senior residence facilities. We, like many others, are now going virtual.
B St Theatre continues to have multiple virtual events every week. Here’s a link for details. I enjoy their Friday concerts, MaximumOccupancy and New Play Brunch. Check it out!
Virtual entertainment for adults. Music, plays, comedy and more! Almost Daily evening programs at 7 pm.
- Re-imagine. Tuesday. A New social Justice series that amplifies the voices of black artists and other people of color.
- B Social – Every Wednesday at 7 pm – Anything can happen, and usually dos in tis Dave Perini hosted Night of entertainment.
- Dealer’s Choice – Thursdays. Two actors have a half hour to perform whatever they choose.
- Six Feet Apart. Fridays. Musicians create an intimate, virtual concert.
- Saturday – Long Form Improv.
- Sunday – Short play readings
- Seekers of the Strange – Every other Sunday. A sanity sapping foray into the unknown
A short performance by Folsom Lake College Choir and Youth Symphony Orchestra. Local talent!
Stay connected with the symphony by learning about your favorite musicians and seeing small ensembles of Folsom Lake Symphony musicians at home performing short musical pieces.